You can simply make an equipment donation or a financial donation or you may specify how you would like your donation to be used. Please indicate on your donation how you would like it to be used. You may consider:
- Sponsor a teacher or coach to travel abroad, to teach the necessary skills, training, methodologies, and strategies to be an effective teacher or coach. To teach is to learn.
- Your donation can be used to purchase sports equipment (balls, bags, pumps, shoes, cleats, jersey's, first-aid kits, coaching books, coaching boards, etc.) basketball hoops, and volleyball nets to be donated to the children, sports programs and schools in the villages we visit.
- Your donation can be used to purchase the supplies and labor involved in engineering and building basketball courts, volleyball courts and soccer fields abroad.
- Sponsor a student abroad to attend school and participate in sports. This may include the cost of school supplies, uniforms, shoes, and tuition. Costs vary depending on the country and level of school. In some instances, the cost can be as little as $.26 cents per day, which in many Asian and African countries is the cost of a pound of rice, which is equivalent to a child working instead of attending school.
- Your donation can be used for the expenses it takes to operate local service projects like the "Practice, Play, Pass It On" basketball clinic, sports equipment donation drives, soccer clinics, basketball and soccer tournaments, and feeding the homeless on Thanksgiving morning.
- Your donation can be used for general operating expenses i.e. office supplies, accounting, internet, postage,etc.
Your donations make a world of difference to youth locally and abroad. Give what you can. Every dollar counts. Thank you for your contribution and for making the world a better place. Our appreciation is unbounded.
The S.E.L.F. Project is currently raising money to build a basketball court in a rural school in Zimbabwe. Please help us share the wonderful benefits and life lessons learned through the sport of basketball. Please see the video below.